Propane Forklift Safety
The safest and most efficient way to keep your propane forklifts running is by propane cylinder exchange. Our staff here at Texas Propane offers safety training for you and your employees. To save you time and keep your facility safe Texas Propane ensures:
- Cylinders are inspected each time they are returned to us for a refill
- No liquid transferred on your premises
- Damaged cylinders removed from service
- Leaky valves repaired or replaced
- O-Rings replaced as needed
- Safety training for your employees
- Procedures meet and exceed insurance/OSHA standards
Propane Handling Tips
When handling propane cylinders, there’s a few things you need to know to stay safe.
- Do not smoke while handling propane cylinders.
- If you detect a leak, shut off valves and place cylinders outside.
- Contact your propane provider to repair or replace your propane tank.
- Always wear proper eye protection and gloves when handling propane cylinders.
- Close all propane valves when not in use.
- All cylinders should be stored in safety storage racks away from any source of ignition or extreme heat.
- Always read warning labels attached to propane cylinders.
- Direct contact with propane will cause freeze burns to skin.
- It is important to remember that propane is a hazardous material, so treat it respect!
Many of our clients have made propane their fuel of choice because it is the safest, cleanest, most cost effective and reliable solution to their energy needs. Contact us with the link below for more information about safe handling of propane cylinders.